Monday, May 16, 2011

Soliloquy.

Would you be mad if I left tomorrow morning to go off and live my lifelong dream?
Surely nobody would forgive me if I came back in six months and told them that my lifelong dream didn't work out
Would you be mad if I didn't come back in six months?
If my lifelong dream was to make you happy and the only way to do that is to leave
Would you be mad if I told you what I think all the time?
If you ask my opinion you must want it, right?
Would you be mad if I told you I'm not ready?
Not ready for anything
Better off waiting
Better off being alone
Would you be mad if I left your side because I think it's best for you?
If I think I'm holding you back from your full potential
Would you be mad if I never amounted to anything?
A poem is a tricky thing
You can either spill your guts or barely say anything
What I'm trying to say is..
 
Are you mad?

1 comment: